Hello Millar Family!

I set up a Millar Family Favorite Recipes Blog, so that if we are looking for a recipe that one of our family members makes we can find it here! I thought it would be a good way to keep them all together, and have easy access to them. I know I'm always miss placing the recipes I write down, so for me this will be helpful, and I won't have to bother you all every time I need the recipe AGAIN. Also when we have our get togethers and some one says, "oh that is so good, can I get the recipe?", we can just put it on here and its there for all of us to access! Or if you come accross a recipe that is just to good not to post, put it on :) I hope you all will contribute to it. With so much distance between us, our food blog will make it easy to share recipes with each other.
* There is a request column on the side so any one wanting to request a recipe from someone just type whom your request is for, what the request is, and who the request is from.
*Also be sure to give credit to who the recipe is from, and then at the end of the recipe put your name so we know who put it on here:)

~Andrea

Monday, October 20, 2014

Turkey Meatball Soup (Jonie's)

1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic chopped
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped celery
1 32 oz chicken broth
4 cups half and half
1 lb ground Turkey
1 cup cheese
1/3 cup Worcestershire 
1 tbl. Seasonall
Pepper
1 tbl. Flour
Pre heat oven 350 degrees
Put ground turkey in a bowl and mix in cheese, Worcestershire, seasonal, pepper. 
I use my small scoop and roll in mini meatballs. Put on cookie sheet and 
Bake for 10-15 minutes. 
In a Dutch oven sauté onions, garlic. Add flour and cook for 1 min. Then add carrots and celery, cook til aldente or your desired softness.  Add chicken broth, half and half, bring to a boil then add cooked meatballs. Serve. If it's not thick enough make a cornstartch rue and add. I think this a favorite for the kids because it doesn't have a lot of seasonings in it. Just your basic. 

1 comment: