Hello Millar Family!

I set up a Millar Family Favorite Recipes Blog, so that if we are looking for a recipe that one of our family members makes we can find it here! I thought it would be a good way to keep them all together, and have easy access to them. I know I'm always miss placing the recipes I write down, so for me this will be helpful, and I won't have to bother you all every time I need the recipe AGAIN. Also when we have our get togethers and some one says, "oh that is so good, can I get the recipe?", we can just put it on here and its there for all of us to access! Or if you come accross a recipe that is just to good not to post, put it on :) I hope you all will contribute to it. With so much distance between us, our food blog will make it easy to share recipes with each other.
* There is a request column on the side so any one wanting to request a recipe from someone just type whom your request is for, what the request is, and who the request is from.
*Also be sure to give credit to who the recipe is from, and then at the end of the recipe put your name so we know who put it on here:)

~Andrea

Monday, July 9, 2012

Garbage Casserole

Recipe Given To Me By: Pat Arnold

2 Pounds Hamburger
2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
Garlic powder or fresh minced garlic to taste
2 C. Tomato sauce
1 pkg. (10-12 oz. noodles. ribbons, spirals. your choice)
6 green onions w/ greens, chopped
1 C. sour cream
1 large (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
Grated cheese

Brown meat in a skillet. Drain off fat. Add salt, pepper, garlic and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer or cook slowly for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. While waiting for meat mixture to cook, cook and drain noodles according to package. While noodles are cooking combine chopped green onions, cream cheese and sour cream. Use hand mixer or back of spoon to combine cheeses and onions.
When meat mixture is cooked through begin layering in a greased (non-stick cooking sprayed) 13" X 9" pan or equivalent size casserole dish. Layers are as follows: spread out half of the noodles on the bottom of dish and spread over the top of them with half of the cream cheese mixture (add tablespoon sized blobs an inch or so apart and blend together over noodle layer); then add all of the meat sauce; next 2nd half of noodles; finishing with spreading the last part of cream cheese mixture over noodles. Top off with grated cheddar cheese. Original recipe called for toasted slivered almonds sprinkled on top of cheese.

Bake 350ยบ for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment