Hello Millar Family!

I set up a Millar Family Favorite Recipes Blog, so that if we are looking for a recipe that one of our family members makes we can find it here! I thought it would be a good way to keep them all together, and have easy access to them. I know I'm always miss placing the recipes I write down, so for me this will be helpful, and I won't have to bother you all every time I need the recipe AGAIN. Also when we have our get togethers and some one says, "oh that is so good, can I get the recipe?", we can just put it on here and its there for all of us to access! Or if you come accross a recipe that is just to good not to post, put it on :) I hope you all will contribute to it. With so much distance between us, our food blog will make it easy to share recipes with each other.
* There is a request column on the side so any one wanting to request a recipe from someone just type whom your request is for, what the request is, and who the request is from.
*Also be sure to give credit to who the recipe is from, and then at the end of the recipe put your name so we know who put it on here:)

~Andrea

Monday, November 9, 2009

Autumn Soup

Recipe From: Karen Myers

1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 cup chopped onion
6 cups water
2 cups cut up carrots
1 cup diced celery
3 cups cubed and pared potatoes
2 t. salt
1 t. beef bouillon or 1 cube
1/4 t. pepper
1 bay leaf
1/2 basil
6 tomatoes*

In a large saucepan, cook and stir meat until brown. Drain off fat. Cook and stir onions with meat until onions are tender; about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except tomatoes; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.

*2 - 28 oz cans of tomatoes with liquid can be substituted for the fresh tomatoes. Reduce water by 1 cup. The canned tomatoes break apart and give a a rosy color. Most of the time I brown hamburger ahead of time and freeze in a zip lock bag. I just mix up all the ingredients and the hamburger in the crock pot and put on low all day. I usually add more of all the veggies than the recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment