Recipe From: Karen Myers
2/3 cup of butter
2/3 cup flour
7 cups of milk
4 large baking potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
Green onions, sliced
12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 1/4 cups of shredded, cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
In a large soup kettle, melt the butter. Stir in flour; heat and stir until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add potatoes, and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredient; stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
*This recipe doesn't work to well in a crock pot, except for warming it up. The soup I made for Super Saturday, I made the day before. Then I just put it in the crock pot on low to warm it up. I just stirred it often.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment